Thursday, February 02, 2012

Chakkali Madham

Chakkali Madham is the name of my ancestral home in the twin villages of Arangotukara (Arangode)/Ezhumangad. I do not know when the house was built and by whom. But my grandfather (father's father) was there and my father and his brother and sister were borne in that hose. That much I know. When my father and his brother grown up and had children, they thought of separating and portioning the properties they had as at that  time. The Chakkali Madham the original ancestral home went to my uncle (father's elder brother) Late A R Krishnan. A portion on the west side of the property a  vacant, land with 3 -4 mango trees and 4 - 5 jack fruit trees and 2 palm trees and few other trees were given to my father as his share.

The entrance to the property would have been facing South if a house was built there. Probably my father did not want a house facing South and he was in a position to buy another property. So he bought a compund of about 61 cents across the vacant land with a pathway in between the newly bought property and the vacant land received by him as ancestral property share. The house in the acquired place was an old thatched house in disrepair. He renovated and expanded the house to be identical to his ancestral home facing East though the entrance to the property is facing North. The new house (renovated one) was called as the Chakkali Puthan Madham to distinguish it from the original ancestral property known as the Chakkali Madham.

My uncle (father's elder brother) married to a lady, Ponnammal from one of the Palakkad gramams (villages) by name Thathamangalam (Rishinadamangalam). They had 3 sons Late A K Ramaswamy, A K Narayanan, A K Venkatachalam and 5 daughters Late A K Lakshmi (peria echumu to distinguish from my sister A R Lakshmi Srinivasan - chinna echumu). Peria means elder or big and chinna means younger or small and echumu is the pet version of Lakshmi. Their other 4 daughters are A K Anghichi Sundaram, late A K Seetha Gopalakrishnan' Late A K Janaki Raghavan and Smt Rajam Mani.

Homeopathy Scientific System of Medicine

No comments: